4/25/2011

How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks for Good

 ::Update April 2013:: I feel like we are Pinterest famous :) If you are here from Pinterest, welcome! Please check out the rest of the blog for lots of info about eating gluten free, cloth diapering, parenting, reviews, and more! Meagan and I have both personally used this method for stretch marks and it really does work! Enjoy! -Amy

-Original Post-

Any mama who has been pregnant, has worried about the dreadful stretch marks, or as I call them "battle scars"! Maybe, your one of the lucky few who never got one. If so, congratulations! If not, I'm sure you've tried quite a few different creams, lotions, and potions to get rid of the them. Some of the more popular ones are Bio-Oil, Mederma Stretch Mark Cream, and Cocoa Butter. Unfortunately, 95% of the time, these creams only diminish the look of stretch marks, if that . If you want a tried and trusted way to get rid of your stretch marks for good, keep reading!

So, about 3 years ago, I was chatting with some co-workers on our work forum, and I noticed a link in someones signature- "Stretch Marks- Be Gone". I clicked on it, very interested in knowing what the secret was. At this point, I had just recently had my first son, and stretch marks had taken over my belly. Anyway, I continued to read the article, thinking in my mind 'There is no way this is going to work, if $20, $30, and $40 creams don't! Well, I followed the instructions and repeated the treatment every day for two weeks. To my dismay, my stretch marks were disappearing. Slowly, but surely! Four weeks later, there were barely any left! I was amazed! At this point, 3 months had gone by, and I was astonished when I looked in the mirror and my belly was stretch mark free. Of course, when I had my second son, they came back, but I just recently started the treatment all over again, and they are slowly disappearing again.

Since reading this article a few years ago, I've only told my close friends about the "Miracle Solution", but now I think it's time I let the cat out of the bag. After all, us mamas have to look out for each other! So, here it is.



Hard Loofah

What Do I Need:

- hard loofah
- salt scrub or sugar scrub
- 3 minutes in the shower/bath each day



Salt Scrub
What Do I Do Next?

1) When your in the shower or bath, you want to take a generous portion of the salt scrub or sugar scrub and cover all areas of your stomach where the stretch marks are.

2) Next you want to wet the loofah and start scrubbing the stretch marks in small circular motions. You want to scrub until your belly is red. (Sometimes this may hurt a bit, but beauty is painful sometimes.)
* Sometimes it helps to grab the area of skin between your thumb and fingers and try and stretch it out a bit first. The tighter the skin is, the easier it will be to scrub.

3) Continue the scrubbing small areas in a circular motion until you've covered the entire area where stretch marks are apparent.

4) Rinse off the scrub, and go about your daily routine.

** I make no guarantees that this regimen will work for you. I will say however, that if you follow the steps correctly, at least 4-5 times a week, your stretch marks will slowly disappear. The number one reason that this treatment wouldn't work for someone is because they aren't persistent. You need to keep up with this, or else the results will never be what you want them to be.

Good luck! :-)


26 comments:

C.Mahan said...

Here is one method I have never tried! I know that there are some products out there that work for some and not for others. Persistence and patience go hand in hand but it should also be noted that even with both, sometimes things just don't work. Different people, different skin, different issues. I had a friend who swore by a certain product, as well as a cousin. We all used it, all with different results.

I think this method is worth trying for anyone. It is budget friendly and does not require any fancy potions or lotions. I have extremely sensitive skin and can't use salt scrubs or hard loofahs, so using them together would cause a reaction that I don't want to find out! LOL

Amy and Meagan said...

I actually used a body scrub that I already had and added salt to it, if you don't happen to have any salt or sugar scrub on hand you can make your own that way! The reason why something like this would work is because it is forcing the cells to renew themselves quicker than normal, it's nothing about the scrub itself. People use a similar method to get rid of tattoos but it's less effective and much more painful!


-Amy

Sheltie Times said...

It is interesting the methods people find that work.

Kaloy said...

Wow, this is so magical! I've got to tell my mom about this, well, she's got a lot of stretch marks really, and if you want to ask who or what gave her that, that happens to be me. She said i was huge when she gave birth to me, causing so many strech marks on her abdomen.
how to get rid of stretch marks

Amy and Meagan said...

I hope it works for her. After my 10 pound baby, this secret worked great for me!

Unknown said...

I’ve always enjoyed this sort of article. Smart and interesting, and much to look forward to.
how to get rid of stretch marks fast

Unknown said...

This is actually working for me! Ive had my stretch marks for 8 years with nothing helping them! I have been using this scrub before a shower and Vaseline Total Moisture Cocoa Radiant after the shower and they are already disappearing and its only been two weeks! I have now bought the Total Moisture Aloe Fresh and am hoping combining it with the scrub they will go completely away!

Amy and Meagan said...

Awesome Sarah!! Of course they will go away/fade with time but this REALLY helps speed up the process!

Unknown said...

Can I just use regular salt or sugar and just rub it in to my stretch marks with the loofah? Please tell me, I need to know

Amy and Meagan said...

Dante - You can, but I would definitely mix the salt or sugar with some regular body wash, it would work better and be easier to apply!

Unknown said...

Wow this is great for everyone esp. For those who want to get rid of strectchmarks....thank u. ^_^

Unknown said...

thanks, and one more thing, did you really get rid of all your stretch marks? like there were never any marks there after you were done with the scrub? or do they just look way better and not noticable?

Unknown said...

Thank you for providing homemade remedies for the stretch marks. It has useful information for suffering people...
nevertheless It would be great to use the best stretch mark removal creams to reduce the occurred stretch marks with more effective result.

Unknown said...

Been doing this for about a week and a half and I swear they definitely look lighter! Excited to keep up with this and hopefully they'll be gone. :)

Unknown said...

Hi...can i make a salt scrub at home?? with table salt and olive oil?? u think its the same like the one you get in stores??

Unknown said...

can i use salt and olive scrub for this ?? i m worried i m not doing it right

Kay MacPhee said...

Just out of curiosity, were your stretch marks deep or shallow?

Mine are quite deep, and nothing has seemed to work for them :(

Amy and Meagan said...

I think you could make a salt scrub at home. I know that Meagan had some major stretch marks and this really lightened them a lot.

-Amy

ariesbaby said...

I THINK THIS IS SOMEWHAT EFFECTIVE BECAUSE WHEN MY STRETCHMARKS ARE STILL FRESH (PINKISH/MAROON IN COLO) I USED TO DO SALT SCRUBBING, IN CIRCULAR MOTION TO EVERY STRETCH AND REALLY SOMEHOW IT BECOMES A LESS NOTICEABLE. BUT YOU'RE RIGHT, I AM KIND OG NOT PERSISTENT ABOUT THIS, I STOPPED, BUT NOW, I WILL AGAIN, WITH LOOFAH :D THANKS FOR SHARING

Allan said...

For more information about stretch mark removal, and other stretch mark removal treatment,Visit.

Unknown said...

We can avoid stretch marks by drinking lot more water. During my pregnancy I kept my body hydrated by drank more water and juices, also done some simple exercises.

Anonymous said...

This article is very helpful. But I was used Indulekha Skin Care Oil for my stretch marks and it is 100% natural product. I suggested to my friends also they are also got result. I like this product.

Unknown said...

Now-a-days women go for a laser treatment to remove stretch marks. We can avoid these scars by using stretch marks removal cream. Laser treatment is very costly than a stretch marks removal cream.

Unknown said...

Love this! Starting doing it the past couple of days, and after my shower applying Palmers tummy butter (with shea, lavender, elastin, and collagen) on my belly.

pelor said...

I have been using a salt scrub for 3 days and trust me it works,i put a spoon of coconut oil,a spoon of olive oil my screchmarks are lighter than before and i believe they will slowly fade in time

Oluwasegun said...

Thanks for sharing this stretch mark removal treatment tips

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hot Sonakshi Sinha, Car Price in India