|The Pork and Potato Skillet I |
made for dinner tonight.
* This is the actual picture of our dinner tonight. This is not a stock photo.
Pork and Potato Skillet
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Servings: 4
4 (4oz) boneless pork loin chops
3/4 tsp seasoned salt
2 tbsp cooking oil
1/3 cup chopped onion (1 small)
1 medium red sweet pepper, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
3 cups frozen diced hash brown potatoes (*This is what the recipe calls for. I normally use fresh potatoes that I dice up)
2 cups frozen peas and carrots
1 tsp dried thyme, crushed
1) Sprinkle both sides of the meat evenly with the 1/2 teaspoon of the seasoned salt.
2) In a very large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat.
3) Cook chops in hot oil for 3 minutes.
4) Turn chops and cook for 3 minutes more or until brown. Remove chops from skillet.
5) Carefully add remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to skillet. Add onion and sweet pepper; cook and stir for one minute.
5) Add potatoes, peas and carrots, thyme, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt; mix well.
6) Cook for 6 minutes, stirring frequently.
7) Place chops on top of potato mixture in skillet; cover.
8) Reduce heat to medium.
9) Cook for 7-9 minutes more or until pork chops are no longer pink and potatoes are brown.
* Thank you to Better Homes and Gardens for sending me this delicious pork recipe! :-)