6/05/2011

Sunning Cloth Diapers

When I first heard people say that they "sunned" their diapers, I thought they were insane. What could the sun possibly do to get stains out of diapers?? Well a lot, as it turns out. I don't own or ever use bleach so the sun is really my only option. It saves energy and wear on your diapers to hang them out to dry. You will also avoid stains entirely by leaving them in the sun for a few hours. Just in case you don't believe me, here is a before and after picture of a diaper that was out in the sun.

 
Before
After



This is a bumGenius newborn AIO. The good thing about little baby poo is that it doesn't stink, the bad thing is that it stains easily. By line drying my diapers I have avoided stains on all of Mikaela's diapers. Line drying can help get rid of old stains too although it may take several "sessions" to make a significant difference. It is very important to make sure the diapers are wet (so right out of the washer) when you hang them up.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hot Sonakshi Sinha, Car Price in India