Delvin's Party Potato Salad
Prep Time: 30 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Serves: 6-8
|Delvin's Party Potato Salad|
5 lb bag of Russet potatoes
6 large eggs
12 oz package of frozen peas and carrots
Mayonnaise (to taste)
1) Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil on high heat.
2) Meanwhile, wash and peel your potatoes. Once they're peeled, rinse with cold water and cut each potato in half, long ways.
3) Once the water has started boiling, put your potato halves in, one at a time so the water doesn't stop boiling. Once all of the potatoes are in the water, add all 6 eggs (you're hard boiling them).
4) Let the potatoes and eggs boil for just about 30 minutes. Check them often. You want them to be soft inside, yet not falling apart.
5) While the potatoes and eggs are boiling, fill a small pot with about 4-6 cups of water. Add your peas and carrots mixture and bring it to a boil. Once boiling, set a timer for 5-7 minutes. Once done, drain the water.
6) Once your potatoes and eggs are done, drain them as well. Remove the eggs and sit them in a bowl of cold water to stop them from cooking anymore. Let the potatoes sit in the drainer for a bit to cool off.
7) Once the potatoes are cooled, cut them into bite-sized pieces (no bigger than 1" x 1"). Put them back into the pot.
8) Remove egg shells, and cut eggs into smaller bite-sized pieces (no bigger than 1/2" x 1/2").
9) Add the egg pieces and peas and carrots to the potatoes in the pot, and stir the mixture.
10) Everything should be cool to the touch by now. If it's not, let it sit longer. Once it's cool, add the mayonnaise. I don't measure this, I just add until there is enough coverage.
This potato salad can be served cold or warm. Either way, it tastes great!