5/31/2011

Getting back into shape - Day 2


I honestly didn't intend to blog about this every day.. but who knows, maybe I will? It gives me motivation to actually work out. I really hope that I can show other moms that you absolutely can MAKE time to work out, even if it's just 10 minutes here and 10 minutes there. Today went fairly well. I did 20 minutes on the Biggest Loser workout game for the Kinect. If you have a Kinect, BUY THIS! You can even use swagbucks since it is sold on Amazon. :) Check out my swagbucks guide here. Anyway I was weighed on a digital scale and it turns out I weigh 135, not 134. :) I go back to this same scale in 2 months so I think my "goal" is to be 120 by then. That is still 5 lbs above my pre-pregnancy weight so I think it's doable! So that is my long-term goal, and these are my current every day goals:

Drink more water and less of everything else that I drink. This is hard because I really just don't like water!

Do at least 20 minutes on the Kinect at least 5 days a week. I am starting with 20 minutes at a time for now and will bump it up if I feel okay. I am still only 4 weeks postpartum.

Eat healthier, make more meals from scratch. We have been doing much better at this lately, it was just crazy the first couple of weeks after Mikaela was born.

So that's it. If you are currently trying to tone up/lose weight/get healthier, feel free to post your goals and/or tips!

Tip of the day: Carry around a bottle or jug (reusable of course) of water with you. That way it is handy if you get thirsty. You will end up drinking much more water this way, especially if it's not usually the first thing you reach for when you realize you're thirsty.

3 comments:

Amy and Meagan said...

That's great Amy! I wish I had the Kinect. My sister told me about a great Zumba workout game. I ran yesterday morning for about 20-30 minutes before I had to take the boys to the bus stop. I also did 30 minutes of yoga while Luke was at school. Jake thought it was funny watching Mommy! :-) I didn't wake up early enough to go running this morning, but I'm going to do some more yoga when Luke goes down for his nap!

- Meagan

Laura Kelly-Pifer said...

WTG Amy! Just keep doing what your doing and by incorporating the healthy tips you mentioned, you will get to goal in no time. :)

Amy and Meagan said...

Thanks Meagan and Laura! Meagan you are doing great! Feel free to blog about it if you want to.

-Amy

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hot Sonakshi Sinha, Car Price in India