5/30/2011

Getting back into shape.. Day 1

Well today was day 1 of working out and (hopefully) eating better. It didn't go exactly as planned but I feel like I accomplished a little bit. I bought The Biggest Loser game for the Kinect and did the "fitness test" today. I started working out a little after the test but my sister-in-law showed up to help us put together our swingset. I did 15-20 minutes total, which isn't terrible. However I did spend most of the day outside working on the swingset, so that probably helped a little. As far as eating better, other than using Barilla plus pasta for my lunch I didn't do much. I still had a couple of sodas. There is always tomorrow.

Tip of the day: Remember that you don't have to be exercising to get your heart rate up or burn calories! Chasing kids, yard work, housework, laundry (especially if you put it on the line-very green AND thrifty,) and many other things can count toward a daily total if you can't sneak in some actual exercise.

I need to post some starting stats and pictures but I haven't gotten around to measuring myself or taking pictures so I will try to do that tomorrow. I did weigh myself yesterday and I was 134, my goal weight is 115 although while I am nursing 120 would be just fine. I know that doesn't sound like much but I am not very tall and have a very small frame. I will only weigh myself occasionally because I don't even own a scale. My main goal isn't weightloss anyway, I just want my clothes to fit! Feel free to post any post-baby tips that have worked for you, or let me know if there is anything else that is fitness related that you would like to see on here!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hot Sonakshi Sinha, Car Price in India