::Update April 2013:: I feel like we are Pinterest famous :) If you are here from Pinterest, welcome! Please check out the rest of the blog for lots of info about eating gluten free, cloth diapering, parenting, reviews, and more! Meagan and I have both personally used this method for stretch marks and it really does work! Enjoy! -Amy
Any mama who has been pregnant, has worried about the dreadful stretch marks, or as I call them "battle scars"! Maybe, your one of the lucky few who never got one. If so, congratulations! If not, I'm sure you've tried quite a few different creams, lotions, and potions to get rid of the them. Some of the more popular ones are Bio-Oil, Mederma Stretch Mark Cream, and Cocoa Butter. Unfortunately, 95% of the time, these creams only diminish the look of stretch marks, if that . If you want a tried and trusted way to get rid of your stretch marks for good, keep reading!
So, about 3 years ago, I was chatting with some co-workers on our work forum, and I noticed a link in someones signature- "Stretch Marks- Be Gone". I clicked on it, very interested in knowing what the secret was. At this point, I had just recently had my first son, and stretch marks had taken over my belly. Anyway, I continued to read the article, thinking in my mind 'There is no way this is going to work, if $20, $30, and $40 creams don't! Well, I followed the instructions and repeated the treatment every day for two weeks. To my dismay, my stretch marks were disappearing. Slowly, but surely! Four weeks later, there were barely any left! I was amazed! At this point, 3 months had gone by, and I was astonished when I looked in the mirror and my belly was stretch mark free. Of course, when I had my second son, they came back, but I just recently started the treatment all over again, and they are slowly disappearing again.
Since reading this article a few years ago, I've only told my close friends about the "Miracle Solution", but now I think it's time I let the cat out of the bag. After all, us mamas have to look out for each other! So, here it is.
What Do I Need:
- hard loofah
- salt scrub or sugar scrub
- 3 minutes in the shower/bath each day
What Do I Do Next?
1) When your in the shower or bath, you want to take a generous portion of the salt scrub or sugar scrub and cover all areas of your stomach where the stretch marks are.
2) Next you want to wet the loofah and start scrubbing the stretch marks in small circular motions. You want to scrub until your belly is red. (Sometimes this may hurt a bit, but beauty is painful sometimes.)
* Sometimes it helps to grab the area of skin between your thumb and fingers and try and stretch it out a bit first. The tighter the skin is, the easier it will be to scrub.
3) Continue the scrubbing small areas in a circular motion until you've covered the entire area where stretch marks are apparent.
4) Rinse off the scrub, and go about your daily routine.
** I make no guarantees that this regimen will work for you. I will say however, that if you follow the steps correctly, at least 4-5 times a week, your stretch marks will slowly disappear. The number one reason that this treatment wouldn't work for someone is because they aren't persistent. You need to keep up with this, or else the results will never be what you want them to be.